CARE Climate and Resilience Academy – Terms and Conditions
The main objective of the CARE Climate and Resilience Academy is to equip people with better knowledge and understanding of climate change and its causes and consequences. The courses build on existing knowledge and experience and offer new skills and tools that enable participants to better tackle the complexity of the problem.
What do I need to know about the learning materials and content?
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, findings, interpretations, and conclusions on the learning materials are the expression of staff members, consultants and advisers of the CARE Climate and Resilience Academy who developed the work. The learning materials do not necessarily represent the views of the organization as a whole.
- The courses may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers. CARE does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information provided by any information provider, any users of the courses, any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the user’s own risk.
- Learning materials on the CARE Climate and Resilience Academy may contain links and references to third parties web sites. The linked web sites are not under the control of CARE. CARE is not responsible for the content of any linked web site or any link contained in a linked web site. The CARE Climate and Resilience Academy provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked web site by CARE.
- The learning materials offered through the CARE Climate and Resilience Academy solely have an informative/academic purpose. The CARE Climate and Resilience Academy grants permission to users to download and copy the information, documents, and materials for personal and non-commercial use, or to compile or create derivative works there from, unless stated otherwise. This does however require crediting and citing CARE Climate and Resilience Academy as the source. Specific materials may also be subject to more specific restrictions.
What is the payment and refund policy?
- Courses, once purchased, cannot be refunded. However, in the event that you cannot attend the course, it is possible to nominate a suitably qualified candidate to replace you without extra charge.
How is my personal information used?
- By enrolling to the CARE Climate and Resilience Learning Journeys you are agreeing to:
- a third-party payment processing and verification provider, to facilitate payments for the Learning Journeys run by the CARE Climate and Resilience Academy.
- CARE Climate and Resilience Academy administration and facilitation staff using your name and email to contact you following your enrollment to share course information.
- CARE Climate and Resilience Academy administration and facilitation staff sharing your name and email address with other course participants within a cohort to facilitate group assignments required for the course.
- The CARE Climate and Resilience Academy guarantees that we will not sell or rent out your personal data.
What is the course cancellation policy?
- The CARE Climate and Resilience Academy reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, reschedule, or modify any course offerings and/ or change course facilitators if required.
- The CARE Climate and Resilience Academy reserves the right to cancel a course if the number of participants is insufficient or due to any other unforeseen circumstances. In this case, your payment will be 100% reimbursed.
What do I need to know as a participant on the course?
- Participants of the learning journeys run by the CARE Climate and Resilience Academy will be issued certificates contingent upon the successful completion of all modules of the course and coaching where coaching was taken as an option.
- By enrolling in a course run by the CARE Climate and Resilience Academy, participants agree to abide by the following Honor Code. Any violation of this code may result in the user’s access to the course being suspended, disabled, or terminated.
- Complete all tests and assignments on their own unless collaboration on an assignment is explicitly permitted.
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve their results or improve or hurt the results of others.
- Not post answers to problems that are being used to assess learner performance.