EDD16: Gender, climate change and integrated risk reduction
CARE International, UN Women and UNISDR are organising a joint panel discussion, Gender, climate change and integrated risk reduction – Moving from words to action after Sendai, Agenda 2030 and COP21, at the European Development Days in Brussels, Belgium, on the 15th of June 2016. The session will take a closer look at how countries and other stakeholders can take an integrated approach to building climate-resilient development, which cuts across the 2030 Agenda, the Paris Agreement and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction. At the center of the discussion will be gender-equitable approaches, a key element across all the policy frameworks, and also a red thread for the European Development Days (EDD16). The discussion aims to generate integrated solutions for an effective implementation.
- Dasy Ibrahim, Project Manager of Mahafatoky project CARE Madagascar
- Dagmar Schumacher, Director UN Women Brussels office
- Paul Watkinson, Head of Climate negotiation team of the Government of France
- Luca Rossi, Disaster Risk Reduction Programme Officer UNISDR Regional Office for Europe
- Moderator: Martha Rojas-Urrego, Head of Advocacy, CARE International
Please remember to register for the EUDEVDAYS.eu.
For more information, please contact Inge Brees, CARE EU, email@example.com or +32 (0) 2 289 00 17.